Question

Student
tderue
Message 1 of 17 (3,747 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart 6520 won't print brand new black ink cartridge

My brand new black ink no longer works on the printer.  This appears to be a problem across all HP printers no matter what the model.  Has anyone with similar problems had any success getting their black to print despite following all of the manufacture recommendations with no success?  I have had my printer just a little over a year.  I think it's ridiculous that a product breaks down that quickly for the money that is spent on it.  I called HP to have tech support and after doing all of the things he recommended he told me my printer is broken...it's no longer under warranty....but he will gladly sell me a refurbished one for more than the cost I would pay if I bought it brand new from Amazon.  I no longer trust the product...why would I want a refurbished one?  Just seeking any other tips out there that may have worked for others before I go out and buy an Epson.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 17 (3,732 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6520 won't print brand new black ink cartridge

@tderue 

I'm going to send you a private message (check out the envelope at the top right)

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
bcavey
Message 3 of 17 (3,621 Views)

Same problem here...any solution???

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 17 (3,608 Views)

@bcavey 

Is the printer within warranty? You can check by entering the serial no. below...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=ie&lc=en

Thanks
Ciara

Honor Student
bcavey
Message 5 of 17 (3,598 Views)

No, the printer is out of warranty by a few months. I have tried cleaning after cleaning, and also manually cleaning with some alcohol, the print quality page shows the colors...but absolutely no black.  It just went from working just fine to absolutely no black at all.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 6 of 17 (3,590 Views)

@bcavey 

I'm going to send you a private message (check out the envelope at the top right)

Top Student
Stephy97
Message 7 of 17 (3,574 Views)

The exact same problem/issue with my Photosmart 6520 printer!!

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 8 of 17 (3,556 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Stephy97

Replied to other post on this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/HP-Photosmart-6520/m-p/3750890

Thanks, Ciara

Top Student
Stephy97
Message 9 of 17 (3,522 Views)

I sent you a response.

Intern
lmhjcr
Message 10 of 17 (3,508 Views)

Not sure if this will help anyone...but it did resolve my problem.   I found a couple of links on how to fix a clogged ink cartridge and even though my cartridge was brand new it turns out that it was clogged!   You may want to try following the steps for fixing a clogged ink cartridge at http://www.ehow.com/how_5431920_fix-clogged-ink-cartridges.html  or http://www.ehow.com/video_4974250_manually-clean-hp-inkjet-cartridge.html     on that second link, I just followed the steps for the first option and that finally fixed the problem for me!     I tried using warm water and left the cartridge in there for about an hour with no luck but when I used hot water the next day and left it in there for about 15 minutes the cartridge was finally working!    I am not saying that it will fix your problem but I had tried 3 different (new) cartridges and none of them would work but after following steps to fix a clogged ink cartridge they all now work (now to figure out how to keep the other 2 fresh in the meantime)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation