04-03-2014 09:20 AM
04-18-2014 11:54 AM
Thank you so much. I had this identical thing happen today and your answer to the problem solved mine.
I've had this printer for 2 years and this is the first time I had this happen.
04-18-2014 03:43 PM
Update to my HP 7510 not printing in black. As I expected it was a connection problem to the print head. I had a couple old print heads so I kept changing, including a new one, cleaning contacts and no luck. So I called HP, told them I went through all the references and cleaning and no luck so it must be a hardware problem. Since it was out of warranty, they didn't want to bother anyway, but asked if I could buy a "reconditioned" model. They had a HP7520, one model newer than mine for $120, and for $10 more they'd give me a 2 year warranty. I check with Best Buy and they were selling the HP7520 for just over $160. "Reconditioned" doesn't necessarily mean used, but may a returned model, and all parts are checked out and replaced. So I figured an extra year warranty and near new, it was a good deal. Didn't even require me to send old one back like warranty replacements and upgrades are required. They did require I prove the cartridges were HP and not refilled, like that matters.
So right after I got it, for grins I switched the print head (the tray that holds the cartridges) back to the old one, and whala! It started working. So it was a connection problem some where. I knew it was because black and all other colors were working and suddenly no black. So if the black stops, and the pad on the cartridge is wet and full. It's probably a connection problem. Hope this helps.
04-18-2014 04:31 PM
So, it appears that there are several ways to solve this maddening no-black-ink problem with HP Photosmart 7510.
Let's all keep these solutions for reference and hope that HP listens carefully and soon corrects the problem.
09-22-2014 07:38 PM
THis is the second time I have gone away for a weeken only to return to a printer that will not print black ink, I replaced the catridge hold the 1st time and it worked, that lasted 2 months?
Any ideas, I did all the things suggested ?
09-24-2014 12:28 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
For further assistance, I will need to know more information:
- If you are using a Windows or Mac Operating System, and the version number. To find the exact version, visit this link. Whatsmyos.
- If the printer is connected, Wireless, or USB.
- If the printer is able to make copies.
- If the power cable is plugged into a surge protector, or directly to the wall outlet. Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector. This applies to Inkjet printers as well.
If you are using Windows, please try the HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know what happens!
Hope to hear from you soon!
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
10-22-2014 06:55 PM
Replaced my black cartridge recently, printer worked fine up until yesterday, but now today it wouldn't print black at all. Your solution worked like a charm. Thank you ... THANK YOU!!!
10-29-2014 01:47 PM
I cleaned the small metal circles under the ink cartridges, replaced the cartridges and it still did not print in black. I did not turn off the machine when I cleaned however. I did not see any other metal circles or anything other to use teh damp papaer towel on. I must not be understanding.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?