05-03-2014 12:06 PM
Printer is 5 month old warranty refurb. all of a sudden black just fades out, then nothing. tried 3 spare cartriges (from previous printer failures - capped and ziplocked). Same results. Clean cartridge tool makes no difference. Finally on last one the black is back. Tried soaking cartridge tips in warm water - no help. Main concern now is how each cleaning lowers ink level like 15 or 20%. It seems all my spares somehow got low and are unusable. Throwing away 13 new or lightly used cartridges. I have no confidence in HP printers. $60 for cartridge set. Unreliable product.
05-03-2014 12:53 PM - edited 05-26-2014 09:46 AM
The document here may help resolve black not printing on your Photosmart 7520 printer. Be sure to check the vents are properly cleared. Before solution eight (after going through the first seven) I would suggest the post here. Soaking the ink cartridges is not likely to be helpful, soaking the printhead to clear clogs and air blockage may help.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
05-26-2014 03:55 AM
Just wondering if the suggestions from Bob helped solve the issue?
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?