Photosmart 7520, black not printing (129 Views)
Student
johnnieg
Message 1 of 3 (129 Views)

Photosmart 7520, black not printing

Printer is 5 month old warranty refurb.  all of a sudden black just fades out, then nothing.  tried 3 spare cartriges (from previous printer failures - capped and ziplocked).  Same results. Clean cartridge tool makes no difference.  Finally on last one the black is back.  Tried soaking cartridge tips in warm water - no help.  Main concern now is how each cleaning lowers ink level like 15 or 20%.  It seems all my spares somehow got low and are unusable.  Throwing away 13 new or lightly used cartridges.  I have no confidence in HP printers.  $60 for cartridge set.  Unreliable product.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (124 Views)

Re: Photosmart 7520, black not printinghe

[ Edited ]

The document here may help resolve black not printing on your Photosmart 7520 printer. Be sure to check the vents are properly cleared.  Before solution eight (after going through the first seven) I would suggest the post here.  Soaking the ink cartridges is not likely to be helpful, soaking the printhead to clear clogs and air blockage may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (67 Views)

Re: Photosmart 7520, black not printing

@johnnieg 

Just wondering if the suggestions from Bob helped solve the issue?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation