Question

Top Student
SGS6
Message 1 of 8 (492 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart B8550 does not print black

Photosmart B8550 does not print black.

With new cartidge, black shows on "Clean Prinhead" report, but not when printing actual page?

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 8 (470 Views)

Re: Photosmart B8550 does not print black

[ Edited ]

I will need a little more information in order to help out.  Have you checked the printer settings on the computer? What program are you printing from? How is the computer connected to the printer? If USB is that cable securely connected? Are text documents coming out as blank pages? 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Top Student
SGS6
Message 3 of 8 (463 Views)

I am printing from Adobe acrobat.

Print settings are for Everday usage

black cartridge replaced when it did not print, even though it had been printing well the week before.

the printhead cleaner text was actually purple, not black and it seemed to use up the rest of my photo black.

Triend to clean the printhead with hot water soak, to no avavil. Have ordered new print head.

Conneected by USB which may be a change from last week. Any reason that should be a problem since other colors work?

text documents are coming out blank or so light as to be invisible.

Thanks. I will return to my previous cable settings, via network instead of direct.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 4 of 8 (459 Views)

No problem! I like to try and help out!   If you get the printhead in and installed and are still having a problem, feel free to post back. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
SGS6
Message 5 of 8 (426 Views)

ACCEPT SOLUTION

There was a problem with my USB cable that prevented the black from printing for whatever reason. I rearranged the cables and it works thanks to your suggestion. Now I have to figure out how to return $300 worth of parts, ink and new printer to hp. I wish the hp help people had come up with this answer and instead of recommending a new printer.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 6 of 8 (423 Views)

No problem! I like to help. :smileyhappy:

Student
bearsdenlog
Message 7 of 8 (217 Views)

so what is the solution ? it says solved but I don't see what it is

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 8 of 8 (196 Views)

Hey bearsdenlog,

The solution for the above person is as follows:

ACCEPT SOLUTION

There was a problem with my USB cable that prevented the black from printing for whatever reason. I rearranged the cables and it works thanks to your suggestion.

However, this may not be the case for all users.  An issue of ink not flowing correctly can happen due to many causes.  It could be a clogged cartridge, printhead, data communication issue as listed above, and more.  Do you have this same model printer?

What is the Operating System of the computer you are using the printer with?

What is the connection method you are using with the printer? (USB, Wireless, etc)

Do you have the full software package installed for your printer?

If you print a self test page from the printer does it printout as expected or does it also have missing black ink?

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation