Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My D7360 started with this Ink System Failure today.   Said to Power/Off/On, but no help.  Read to unplug and remove all cartridges, plug back in, turn on, replace cartridges, etc., but does not work.   Doesn't sound very good either!  Any ideas?  I'm beyond warranty period.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

shardey,

Click here to see a detailed description of the steps for solving the 0xc18a0401 code.

Yes, my error code or message includes the words 'Ink System Failure.'
No, my error code or message does not include the words 'Ink System Failure.'

Be sure the USB cable is unplugged while performing the resets also.

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
HP Recommended

Thank you for pointing me to the right place to attempt this fix.  Unfortunately, it did not remove the error so it seems like I have a real hardware/printhead issue.   As with most electronics, cheaper to buy a new printer with a warranty than to attempt to repair it

HP Recommended

Useful information for when there is a hardware problem.

Click here to see and use the HP Product Warranty Check tool for checking the warranty on the printer.

Click here to see and use the HP Out of Warranty Support Options for Select HP Consumer Printers to do further troubleshooting and/or go straight for a replacement if the printer is out of warranty.

There are many ways to contact HP.  The number to call is 1-800-474-6836 and select the tech support options for the printer.

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.