12-01-2011 03:16 PM
I have newly installed cartriges but when I try to print the error message says to replace the cartridges. What's up? The printer will print a test page with no problem.
12-20-2011 04:22 PM
Just for verification are you using refilled ink cartridges or genuine new HP ink cartridges? The reason I asked is because this message usually comes up when an ink cartridge is actually empty. The printer will still attempt to print however. If you are using brand new HP ink cartridges I would suggest that you call tech support and have them troubleshoot the issue and replace the ink cartridges if they are deemed defective.
Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?