Photosmart Plus B210E error "Ink system failure oxc19a0013" (1649 Views)
Top Student
JustDave
Message 1 of 8 (1,649 Views)

Photosmart Plus B210E error "Ink system failure oxc19a0013"

I've had this printer about 2 years - I would guess I'm on about my 5th set of ink cartridges, always genuine HP obtained from Staples or HP online. 

Last week, black stopped printing and the printer indicated out of ink.  I replaced the cartridge and it still would not print black - a test page showed colors, just not black.  I tried to do a printhead alignment and got the message "Alignment failed".  Next, I cleaned the printhead per instuctions found online at HP.  No change except accasionally got the oxc19a0013 error.  So I ordered a new printhead from HP and installed per instructions including a complete set of new ink cartridges.  When I powered on, again the message oxc19a0013.  I turned off and back on - no error this time and the printer attempted alignment which failed and then the error came up again.  I powered off again and this time it came up in what appeared to be normal (it did not try to align this time).  I tried to print a test page from Windows and again error oxc19a0013 appears.

What options do I have other than to throw the thing away along with $150 worth of new cartridges and printhead?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 8 (1,635 Views)

Re: Photosmart Plus B210E error "Ink system failure oxc19a0013"

Hi JustDave, try resetting the printer....

Solution two: Reset the product

1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
  2. With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button ( ) to turn it on.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Top Student
JustDave
Message 3 of 8 (1,630 Views)

Hi Ciara,

I tried your reset procedure - no help.  I get the same error. 

Additional info:

If I try to print a Windows printer test page, I get a message back "The printhead appears to be missing, not detected, incorrectly installed, or incompatible.  Refer to printer documentation."

Thanks anyway!

Dave

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 8 (1,627 Views)

JustDave,

I would try the same steps that Ciara provided, but with a few added steps.

Before you perform the hard reset, remove the cartridges and the print head if it is removable in that model, then perform the hard reset.

Once the printer boots back up, it should say that the cartridges or print head is missing. Once it gives you that error message, put the cartridges and print head back into the printer.

Let me know if it still gives you the same error message now.

Best of luck!

-Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
JustDave
Message 5 of 8 (1,623 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion Kyle, but still no luck - same error message.

Dave

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 6 of 8 (1,599 Views)

Unfortunately, then this is a hardware issue with your print head more than likely. Do you know if the printer or print heads are still in warranty? If either are still in warranty, you can call HP at 1-800-474-6836 and if they determine that it is a hardware issue, they will replace the print head or printer for you. If your model has removable print heads, the warranty end date is the expiration date on them.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
JustDave
Message 7 of 8 (1,598 Views)

Unfortunately, it is over 2 years old, so not under warranty and as stated in my original post, I have just replaced the printhead inan unsuccessful attempt to solve the issue.  Since I have over $100 worth of new ink cartridges on hand, I have ordered a new 6520 (which uses the same ink).  The final price of the printer was under $100 so it beats throwing away the cartridges I have!  I probably should have looked at this option before I dropped $89 on a new print head...lesson learned.

Thanks for the assistance,

Dave

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 8 of 8 (1,594 Views)

Not a problem Dave, I hope you enjoy your new printer!

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation