01-15-2014 01:04 PM
I'm having an issue with my Photosmart C410b printer consuming excessive black ink. The last 364 XL cartridge lasted only 150 pages and the current 364 catridge lasted just 80! This printer serves my home office and it's crippling my business!
The printer is showing no errors. I've tried printing a diagnostic report - it appears normal apart from a smear of black ink where the 'black' print square should be. Cleaning the printheads does not improve the situation.
I'm at a loss - there is no advice on what to do on the HP main website. Urgent help appreciated to avoid having to rush out and buy a new printer from a different brand.
01-15-2014 01:35 PM
You might try changing some settings in your driver. I don't have the C410b in front of me, but you should be able to see a tab in Printing preferences to change the setting to economical or fast.
In Windows 7, you would click on Start, choose Devices and Printers. Right mouse click on your printer and choose printing preferences. Choose printing shortcuts?? Choose fast or ecnomical printing.
See if this helps.
I am employed by HP
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?