Question

Student
AdamGC
Message 1 of 2 (111 Views)

Photosmart Premium C410b - Excessive Ink Consumption

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my Photosmart C410b printer consuming excessive black ink. The last 364 XL cartridge lasted only 150 pages and the current 364 catridge lasted just 80! This printer serves my home office and it's crippling my business!

The printer is showing no errors. I've tried printing a diagnostic report - it appears normal apart from a smear of black ink where the 'black' print square should be. Cleaning the printheads does not improve the situation.

I'm at a loss - there is no advice on what to do on the HP main website. Urgent help appreciated to avoid having to rush out and buy a new printer from a different brand.

Thanks

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 2 of 2 (107 Views)

Re: Photosmart Premium C410b - Excessive Ink Consumption

Hi,

You might try changing some settings in your driver.  I don't have the C410b in front of me, but you should be able to see a tab in Printing preferences to change the setting to economical or fast.

In Windows 7, you would click on Start, choose Devices and Printers.  Right mouse click on your printer and choose printing preferences.  Choose printing shortcuts??  Choose fast or ecnomical printing.

See if this helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation