Question

Student
David_office
Message 1 of 3 (746 Views)

Photosmart c410 - ink problem

My Photosmart c410 gobbles ink cartridges. According to the printer usage report, I have so far used 24 ink cartridges. I have printes 2100 A4 copies so far. Most of the cartridges have been XL size, they cost >$15. The ink cost is about 20 cents per page on average. Apart from being a pain in the neck to run out of ink cartridges all the time & print ugly copies lacking colors, it's really very expensive!

Master's Graduate
KennyB3
Message 2 of 3 (685 Views)

Re: Photosmart c410 - ink problem

[ Edited ]

David_office,

Thank you for the feedback.  What cartridges are you using?

Change the settings in the printer driver to plain paper for paper type and draft mode for quality to save on ink.  Use the draft quality from the front panel of the printer for copies to save ink there as well.

If there are ugly copies lacking color there may be a print quality issue.  The printer uses ink when trying to clear the clogged nozzles.  Click here to see a detailed description of the following steps for Troubleshooting Print-Quality Issues.

Solution one: Use genuine HP cartridges
Solution two: Allow automatic servicing to complete
Solution three: Check the paper
Solution four: Check the print settings
Solution five: Check ink levels and replace low or empty cartridges
Solution six: Print and evaluate a print quality diagnostic report and troubleshoot defects
Solution seven: Replace the problem cartridge
Solution eight: Replace the printhead
Solution nine: Service the All-in-One

You may want to take a look at this thread about soaking a printhead in hot water that has help resolve missing ink on prints here.

See Ink Usage in Inkjet Printers here.

May want to consider the printers that get better price per page.

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
Student
arkit2000
Message 3 of 3 (432 Views)

Re: Photosmart c410 - ink problem

I am having the same problem with my c410 printing hardly anything and requiring replacement cartridges - does anyone else have the same problem and what can we do about getting compensation from HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation