Question

CDo Honor Student
Honor Student
CDo
Message 1 of 4 (272 Views)

Photosmart premium C310 new blue 564 cartridge doesn't work

Photosmart premium C310 gives the message that new blue 564 cartridge is missing/damaged immediately after installation, and consequently won't print. I've noticed references to some sort of fix for this in other posts. Would someone please enlighten me? Thanks!
HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 2 of 4 (255 Views)

Re: Photosmart premium C310 new blue 564 cartridge doesn't work

Hi CDo,

I understand that you are still getting an ink error after installing a new ink cartridge. I will try my best to help you resolve this.

In this document for 'Cartridge Failed' or 'Cartridge Not Compatible' Error Message Displays on the Computer, are steps that may resolve this issue for you.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
CDo Honor Student
Honor Student
CDo
Message 3 of 4 (249 Views)

Hi, thanks for your suggestions. I tried them all and still get the same message: "The following Ink Cartridge appears to be missing or damaged." It is a brand new cartridge, bought in a pack of 4 564 cartridges at Staples. All the other cartridges work perfectly. I always use HP cartridges and have never had this problem before. I tried reinstalling the old cartridge and the printer recognizes that cartridge.

Unfortunately I did not keep the receipt as I did not anticipate that the brand new HP cartridge might be faulty.

I did notice that the old cartridge has three small orange raised dots around the ink nozzle, and the new cartridge has four such dots. Could this keep it from seating properly?

Hopefully you have another suggestion.

Thanks

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 4 of 4 (228 Views)

Hi CDo,

I am sorry that information did not help. I recommend that you please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Hewlett Packard Technical Support

They will have other options for you to try.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation