Question

Student
CharlySkunkweed
Message 1 of 1 (261 Views)

Photosmart using too much ink , out of warrenty.

After getting a new HP Photosmart B109n in January 2010 which came with set-up ink in the purchase , i used it without too much thought on how much it used. When it ran out i ordered new (genuine) cartridges from an online company. After using it for a while the "low ink level" came up and i blamed my daughter for printing at too high quality. She was adament this wasnt the case so i orderd from the same company and decided to keep a record of quality and usage for my own peace of mind.

I just got the "ink levels low" warning after only 7 uses  !    Here is the record i kept -

1/2 - A4 Top Quality colour
1/4 - A4 Economy colour
1/6  - A4 Normal colour
full  - A4 Economy colour
full  - A4 Normal colour
full  - A4 Top Quality black text
1/2  - A4 Normal black text

This cant be right ? I contacted the company , and they admit that there seems to be something wrong and to contact HP as the cartridges are genuine.

Unfortunatly my warrenty ran out January 2011 , so (as anyone thats tried to contact HP will know) i dont know what to do !

I must have only used the printer 30 times , and went through 2 sets of cartridges (not counting the set-up ones) As you can tell i dont use it much , but allough the warenty has expired , its only be used very little.

Any advice is welcome , thanks !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation