04-25-2012 02:16 PM
After getting a new HP Photosmart B109n in January 2010 which came with set-up ink in the purchase , i used it without too much thought on how much it used. When it ran out i ordered new (genuine) cartridges from an online company. After using it for a while the "low ink level" came up and i blamed my daughter for printing at too high quality. She was adament this wasnt the case so i orderd from the same company and decided to keep a record of quality and usage for my own peace of mind.
I just got the "ink levels low" warning after only 7 uses ! Here is the record i kept -
1/2 - A4 Top Quality colour
1/4 - A4 Economy colour
1/6 - A4 Normal colour
full - A4 Economy colour
full - A4 Normal colour
full - A4 Top Quality black text
1/2 - A4 Normal black text
This cant be right ? I contacted the company , and they admit that there seems to be something wrong and to contact HP as the cartridges are genuine.
Unfortunatly my warrenty ran out January 2011 , so (as anyone thats tried to contact HP will know) i dont know what to do !
I must have only used the printer 30 times , and went through 2 sets of cartridges (not counting the set-up ones) As you can tell i dont use it much , but allough the warenty has expired , its only be used very little.
Any advice is welcome , thanks !
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?