Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

hi, i am having a problem when i was troubleshooting the issue, when i was operating step 4(Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button), the product doesnt start, i have tried to reconnect the cable over and over again and press &hold the button but it wont start. Hope to get solution asap! (officejet 5680 All-in-One)

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I've had the same issue with my printer.  I have the C4150.  I've done EVERYTHING right down to reinstalling the drivers.  I'm still getting the message.  The printer isn't allowing me to do anything.

Ideas on how to fix it?

HP Recommended

So, I tried and I still get the same message.  Now what?  Is there anything else I can do?  Do I need to take a trip to the store?  Please advise, many thanks!

HP Recommended

Receiving  Cartridge Error: Refer to Documentation message.  Have tried recommended steps - clean contacts, unplus USB and power cords, etc.  Still getting message.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended
@815 What printer are you using?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Sorry, I guess that info might be important!  My printer is an HP Officejet 5610xi All-In-One.

HP Recommended
It looks like you've tried everything in the document linked below, but double check it just to be sure. If you've done all that and it's still not working, try doing a hard reset. If that doesn't work, try doing a partial reset. If neither works, replace the cartridge with a new one. If after all that it's still won't work, you will need to replace the printer.

Print Cartridge Errors:
http://goo.gl/XCIVd

To do a hard reset:
1. Make sure the printer is on.
2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the printer in and turn it on.

To do a partial reset:
1. Make sure the printer is on.
2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the power cord inot the wall, but do not plug in the printer.
6. Hold down the 3 and # buttons.
7. While holding the buttons, plug in the printer.
8. When the lights come on, let go of the buttons.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks.  Tried both resets, with no luck.  I don't have another like cartridge and don't want to spend $25, only to find out I need a new printer with different type cartridges.  I guess I'll put that $25 toward a new printer. :Crying:

Thanks for trying to help, though.

HP Recommended
this didnt work
HP Recommended

My printer is a HP photosmart D110a.  Getting message "at least one of the Cartages has a problem".  I have disconnected the power, removed the cartages, waited 5 minutes, replaced the power cord, replaced the cartages and still get the error message.  I am using the printer wireless.  Please help 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.