Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I tried the solution you mention and I am still haveing the same problem "Print Cartridges"
"Refer to printer documation" 

I instaled a SAM's refilled cartridge .  Awaiting your reply.

R/John

HP Recommended

a yellow exclaimation mark is blinking

message is Print Cartridge...then 'refer toprinter documentation'

I unplugged chords..removed cartridges..replugged reinserted...nothing

HP Recommended

did not help

HP Recommended

got the error refer to printer documentation.   try your soulution but it still will not clear  I have update to windows 10 and this is the first time I replcaced ink cartridges.

HP Recommended

I tried your suggestion as well but I don 't have a USB cable hooked up as I print through Bluetooth.  I did power off and on several time with and without the cartriges installed and nothiing seems to work.  My flip door is up and open and I am still get the Non-HP Product message though I just purchased them at an Office Depot in the HP section in the HP box.

Other thoughts??

HP Recommended

This may sound very weird but when I could not get my printer to reset using the suggestions related to powering off and on and taking out the cartriges etc. I simply took the new cartridge and blew  air on it and the inside casing that houses thecartridge in case something was causing the connection to be misread.  Believe it or not as soon as I reinserted the cartridge the problem was solved and the message came back "Authentic HP cartridge installed."

Go figure!!

HP Recommended

I received a "Cartridge Error -- Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot"  message.  I had just printed a document and then this error occurred without anything else being done.  I have unplugged the HP 5601 All-in-one power cord, removed the cartridges, removed the USB cord, waited at least 60 seconds, replugged the power cord and re-inserted the cartridges and receive the same message, with or without the USB cord connected.

HP Recommended

I did this and got the same errror message.  Any other options?

HP Recommended

The semi-reset did not work for me. Now it says that my ink cartridges are depleted. Funny that they were working just fine before I unplugged my computer and printer prior to moving. Please help.

HP Recommended

I don't have the XL ones and the regular ones are still causing the error.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.