Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Miglani,

Since you still have the same issue, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. If the cartridge is Genuine HP and in warranty, inquire about a replacement cartridge to see if that will resolve the issue. Contact HP.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi..

i am having the same issue from yesterday..tried everything..but not helping. Recently ran the 41 diagnostic on the printer and it says" previous Error: Pen in left chute has too many good resistors, probably means shorted fires." Does this mean my printer is damaged? Please help me...very anxious..Please

HP Recommended

Hi @arnabnaha ,

I see that you are also experiencing the same issue.

If you have tried all the steps provided in the previous post, then I would call our technical support for further assistance, at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Contact HP.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Hi..did a chat with the hp india technical team and they remotely fixed the issue...thanks a lot HP
HP Recommended
Can i share the steps to correct the issue here??
HP Recommended

Hi arnabnaha,

Yes, please share what they did to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Still waiting to see solution. Hope to see your post soon.

HP Recommended

I still have the problem and have been waiting to see the solution you received last month. Please help.

HP Recommended

Extremely sorry for the late reply.

The technical team at HP India connected with my system remotely and did the following steps-

1. Press the windows Key + R

2. In the "Run" Textbox type - services.msc

3. In the service window that opens, search for Print Spooler

4. Double click it

5. The new window that opens, just click the start and stop button multiple times alternatively atleast 6-7 times each. Please be sure at the end you keep the spooler running i.e the "stop" button is highlighted and "start" button is greyed out.

6. This resolved my issue.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your post! I have been using my printer in "emergency" mode with the colour cartridge removed for more than 6 months now and had begun to despair of ever finding a solution to the original problem. Unfortunately I tried your fix procedure and it did not change anything in my case. How did you know that the "stop/start" method had produced a result? Did you receive some kind of indication on the PC or did the printer indicators return to normal? Any further help please. For info. my colour cartridge level indicator appears as "empty" and I have an "E" display which persists, and the yellow warning light flashes continuously.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.