Question

Student
ParketDirect
Message 1 of 2 (109 Views)

Print failure, cartridges full!

Good afternoon,

I have quite a new printer (HP officejet Pro 8600 plus), but it has failed to print properly since a short time now.

I must say that the cartridges are not official HP cartridges, but I've had these cartridges before and this problem has not occured before.

Attached you will find the print report, another example of a print and a picture that shows that the cartridges are not empty...

can you please help me figure out what is wrong?

Kind regards!

HP1.jpg

HP3.jpg

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 2 (82 Views)

Re: Print failure, cartridges full!

Hi ParketDirect,

I understand you are experiencing issues with your 8600 and the printing quality.

Can I Refill The Ink In My HP Ink Cartridge?

Yes, you can. But do you want to? QualityLogic, one of the world's foremost quality assurance organizations, tested the performance of HP inkjet print cartridges vs. remanufactured (refilled) brands. The results: original HP inkjet print cartridges far surpassed ink refills in both print quality and reliability.
  • Nearly one out of every six refilled ink cartridges tested was dead on arrival or failed prematurely
  • 70% of refilled cartridges had some form of reliability problem
Count on HP original ink cartridges for consistent, worry-free printing. You may think you're saving money on remanufactured or refilled ink cartridges, but in the long run, the cost of wasted time, ink and paper can more than make up the difference. - Source
At first glance, printer ink refills look like a bargain. Sure, they cost less. They also may deliver less. Independent research confirms an Original HP inkjet cartridge outperforms an ink cartridge refill. - Source

Although you have used these cartridge before, they may be the root cause of the issue. I would recommend replacing the cartridges with genuine HP cartirdges to see if the quality improves and if it does you will know first hand the issue was indeed the cartridges. If it does not then we can focus on the printerhead and or firmware of the printer.

The most recent firmware update is expected to Fix/Enhance the following;
  1. Enhance ePrint Diagnostic report for ePrint Setup
  2. Improve ease of wireless setup
  3. Enhanced Embedded Web Services
  4. Improve Print Quality
  5. Improve Ink Usage
  6. Improve paper path performance
  7. Improve Digital scan performance

I hope this helps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation