Question

Student
Bekay
Message 1 of 3 (5,013 Views)

Print head cleaning on Officejet Pro 8100

I have an Officejet Pro 8100 and I'm unable to locate find "printer services" in the installed software.  I have other HP printers that show ink levels, head cleaning and alignment, etc., but I find no such capabilities with the Officejet Pro 8100.  Tjhe printer works fine, except I'm missing the "printer services"!!

I'm running Windows XP on an HP Elitebook computer.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 3 (5,001 Views)

Re: Print head cleaning on Officejet Pro 8100

Page 128 of the OJ 8100 Manual shoes how to open the printer’s toolbox by Clicking Start>Programs/All Programs>HP then find your printer listed in that folder and double click Maintenance Tasks This a re-direct from page 74 that shows steps on how to clean printheads from the Control panel and how to use it from the toolbox.  Here is that link to the manual so you can have a reference for the steps. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02948312.pdf

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
AdoptInfo
Message 3 of 3 (411 Views)

Re: Print head cleaning on Officejet Pro 8100

There isn't a "Maintenance Tasks" option when I click on my printer folder. :smileysad: Any other ideas?

Shirlzz1 wrote:

Page 128 of the OJ 8100 Manual shoes how to open the printer’s toolbox by Clicking Start>Programs/All Programs>HP then find your printer listed in that folder and double click Maintenance Tasks This a re-direct from page 74 that shows steps on how to clean printheads from the Control panel and how to use it from the toolbox.  Here is that link to the manual so you can have a reference for the steps. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02948312.pdf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation