Re: Print in greyscale on hp 8600 plus? (559 Views)
Honor Student
TLA1
Message 1 of 6 (581 Views)
Accepted Solution

Print in greyscale on hp 8600 plus?

HP 8600 Plus All-in-One

Mac OS Lion

I'd really like to have the option for Greyscale or black ink only appear on the print dialogue screen, but the preferences don't show any options. Any reason I'm forbidden to use the printer that I paid for in the way that I want to?

I've been through all the forums, and the dialogues on the printer, and can't seem to get any response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sarah

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 6 (571 Views)

Re: Print in greyscale on hp 8600 plus?

Hey TLA,

I'd suggest viewing this video for an in depth guide on how to do this:

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
TLA1
Message 3 of 6 (562 Views)

Worked like a charm! Thanks for finding this so quickly!

Sarah
Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 4 of 6 (559 Views)

Glad I could help! If you wouldn't mind marking the post as a solution so others with the same question can find it quickly it would be of great help! Thanks!
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
jello1800
Message 5 of 6 (46 Views)

Okay, does anyone here have a solution on printing in halftone.  Not sure if that is what its technically called.  But printing drafts without having to use a full print ink.  or for thin paper, most of the recyclable paper is so thin you can't print double sided unless you reduce the ink.  

Honor Student
jello1800
Message 6 of 6 (35 Views)

im just a user owner HP 8600, but in the software to print.... for osx mavericks 

go to print, and theres a check box for double sided and also ine for greyscale black only,

when I was on leopard, grafting into lion, i was using printopia as a fix, which allowed the greyscale feature, if you do not see it in your print dialogue box.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation