Question

Student
JenniMarie
Message 1 of 2 (75 Views)

Printed images look like a photo negative

Please help!  My HP Deskjet F4280 is printing both color and black and white images that look like a negative.  How can I fix this? I need to use my printer ASAP!

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 2 (56 Views)

Re: Printed images look like a photo negative

Hi JenniMarie,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see when you try and print any images whether in black or white or color to your HP Deskjet F4280, they print as negatives.

I would first like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Do the PSDR find any problems? If everything goes through ok continue below:

Printed Images Are Fuzzy, Blurry, Jagged, Patchy, or Grainy, please complete ALL troubleshooting steps listed here. Let me know the outcome, has the print quality improved?

If you are still running into problems, let me know the following information:

1. Are you able to make a copy from the F4280, is the quality ok?

2. What program are you printing images from?

3. If you print a text document, it comes out ok?

4. What are the current estimated ink levels?

I will watch for your reply.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation