Printer HP 309a Date Setting is Wrong, How do I correct (197 Views)
Honor Student
sts48
Message 1 of 4 (197 Views)

Printer HP 309a Date Setting is Wrong, How do I correct

I have an HP Photosmart Premium C309a printer running on a Windows 7, 32 bit computer.  Today after replacing two color ink cartridges successfully, I ran a Printer Status Report and noticed that the report indicated that today's installation occurred on 01/08/2013 when in fact todays date is 01/14/2013.  Apparently the inner clock of the printer is wrong and has to be set for the correct time.  How do I do this?

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 4 (183 Views)

Does the front panel display show the correct date and time on it? You can try going into the menu and settings the date and time from within there. Touch the Setup button( the one that has a wrench on it) then go to Tools and then scroll though until you see Date and Time. From there you can reset it if is showing the incorrect date.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
sts48
Message 3 of 4 (177 Views)

Re: Printer HP 309a Date Setting is Wrong, How do I correct

This reply is for Shirlzz1.  Thanks for your reply.  I did like you said and looked at the printer display and it showed the correct date and time but as I stated before that the installation of the two cartridges showed six days prior.  I even removed one of the cartridges in question and waited 5 seconds and then re-installed it and then I ran another Printer Status Report thinking it would show the present date of 01/16/13 on that cartridge but it still showed the original installation date of (01/08/2013.

I don't understand it?  You'd think that the installation date on the status report would be the same as the printer display?? 

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 4 of 4 (174 Views)

I would make sure that the firmware is up to date for the printer and do a hard reset. A hard reset will attempt to restore a printer to a known working condition and no user settings are lost with a hard reset. To do a hard reset:
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation