Question

Student
loweys
Message 1 of 2 (53 Views)

Printer cartridge compability (UAE to UK)

Hi, I have a Deskjet 3050A all in one printer.  The original cartridges are HP122 for the UAE.  I am in the UK and have bought the equivalent HP301 and installed them.  Unfortunataly the Printer will not accept them.  I have reinstalled the HP software that has the latest Drivers.  HP Scan doctor says there is a Driver conflict.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (51 Views)

Re: Printer cartridge compability (UAE to UK)

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation