Question

Honor Student
Smrekar
Message 1 of 5 (690 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printer cartridge error C4780

Hello

As several other people, I encountered a printer cartridge error on my HP C4780. It occured with a brand new color cartridge. I tried taking it out and putting it back in, and cleaning it, it didn't help. It won't print anything with it.

Afterwards, the black cartridge started to intermittently report the same error. It is reported to work by the software ~50% of the time. When it is reported to work, however, the printer will only "print" blank pages. It won't print a test page, even head cleaning only returns an empty page, even though there is still plentiful ink in the cartridge (~60%).

I use WinXP pro, and haven't installed any programs since the last successful print job, just before the ink in the old cartridge ran out.

Thanks in advance for any help ...

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 5 (684 Views)

Re: Printer cartridge error C4780

Hi Smrekar,

When did you purchase the cartridges?

Are they New HP cartridges or Remanufactured cartridges?

Ink Cartridges have there own warranty and expiration date on them. Please contact 800-HP-Invent, so they can assist with troubleshooting the cartridges, and as long as they are still in warranty and found to have an issue they can be replaced.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
Smrekar
Message 3 of 5 (680 Views)

It's a new, original HP cartridge, purchased last week.

I hope I'll be able to get assistence in Europe :smileytongue:

Thanks.

Honor Student
Smrekar
Message 4 of 5 (678 Views)

I found the old, empty cartridge that I still had (waiting for proper disposal) and inserted it -the printer immediately printed the test page.

Quite definitely a faulty cartridge ...

Provost
pcwizard
Message 5 of 5 (670 Views)

Hi Smrekar,

If the old cartridges are working then yes you have a faulty cartridge. We have support for all the country's, so you shouldn't have a problem with getting support in Europe. Glad to hear i was able to assist you.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation