09-12-2011 07:49 AM
I have an HP officejet 7110 all-in-one. I am trying to change printer cartridge but the cartridge won't move to the center. I have opened and closed lid repeatedly to no avail. I have turned the printer off and on, and unplugged and replugged. Is there a way to move the printer cartridge carriage manually?
09-12-2011 10:58 PM - edited 09-12-2011 10:58 PM
Sorry to hear your difficulty on changing the ink cartridge. There's sometimes an obstruction on the carriage path that's why it's not moving automatically to the center.
I believe you can move the printer cartridge / printhead manually for you to change the inks. Try checking this article: Carriage Jam
Hope this works for you!
* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
09-13-2011 07:40 AM
Hi - thanks very much! I resorted to shaking the printer a few times and it finally did move to the center... but, I suspect there is some problem that will come up again next time I have to replace the printer ink...so, I looked at the article you sent. The only thing I didn't try that I saw there was moving the cartridge by hand by accessing through the paper tray... I will try to see if I can do that! thanks again, Tia.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?