Printer cartridge won't move to center (3460 Views)
Honor Student
tiashrayber
Message 1 of 3 (3,460 Views)

Printer cartridge won't move to center

I have an HP officejet 7110 all-in-one. I am trying to change printer cartridge but the cartridge won't move to the center. I have opened and closed lid repeatedly to no avail. I have turned the printer off and on, and unplugged and replugged. Is there a way to move the printer cartridge carriage manually?

Master's Graduate
kawaii_aoi
Message 2 of 3 (3,452 Views)

Re: Printer cartridge won't move to center

[ Edited ]

Hi tiashrayber,

Sorry to hear your difficulty on changing the ink cartridge. There's sometimes an obstruction on the carriage path that's why it's not moving automatically to the center.

I believe you can move the printer cartridge / printhead manually for you to change the inks. Try checking this article: Carriage Jam

Hope this works for you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! :smileyhappy:

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
Honor Student
tiashrayber
Message 3 of 3 (3,447 Views)

Re: Printer cartridge won't move to center

Hi - thanks very much! I resorted to shaking the printer a few times and it finally did move to the center... but, I suspect there is some problem that will come up again next time I have to replace the printer ink...so, I looked at the article you sent. The only thing I didn't try that I saw there was moving the cartridge by hand by accessing through the paper tray... I will try to see if I can do that! thanks again, Tia.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation