Question

Honor Student
r2d2r2d2
Message 1 of 5 (803 Views)

Printer error message "Supply Expired" on HP Officejet 7130xi. Can I over-ride cartridge date?

I have an HP Officejet 7130xi All-In-One Printer.  I need to know how to override the "supply expired" message.  I have new ink cartridges that have older dates and the printer will not accept them.  So, when I install a new ink cartridge with an older date the printer shows a "supply expired" message.  This  makes it necessary for me to keep purchasing new cartridges even though I have an  unused supply. 

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 5 (799 Views)

Re: Printer error message "Supply Expired" on HP Officejet 7130xi. Can I over-ride cartri

r2d2r2d2 wrote:

I have new ink cartridges that have older dates and the printer will not accept them. 

Hey r2d2,

Are these cartridges remanufactured or refilled by chance?

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
r2d2r2d2
Message 3 of 5 (794 Views)

Re: Printer error message "Supply Expired" on HP Officejet 7130xi. Can I over-ride cartri

No, all cartridges were new and from Fry's Electronics.  I can no longer purchase #14 cartridges on the market.

I tried back-dating the printer and computer but no success.  I can't determine the dates the cartridges were manufactured so didn't know how far to back-date.  The printer was rarely used and copies were fine. 

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 4 of 5 (790 Views)

According to this article:

http://www.hp.com/pageyield/en-019/articles/inkExpiration.html?cCode=us

HP#14 cartridges expire 12 months after the warranty end date, or 18 months after the cartridge is installed. The reason for the expiration date is that air ingestion and water evaporation can cause ink to change over time. In printing systems where the printhead and ink supply are separate, older ink can adversely impact the printhead and the ink delivery components within the printer.

If the cartridges have aged to this extent, on this printer, they should be replaced or they may damage the product.

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Student
chuck1244
Message 5 of 5 (152 Views)

I have L7580

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation