Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro CM1415fn
OS X

Can the LaserJet Pro CM1415fn print on tissue papers?

My wife printed sevreal crafts project on tissue papers. She used to scotch tape the corners of the tissue papers on normal papers first, but this caused the papers to jam. She then continued by gluing the tissue papers lightly on normal paper with glue spray.

Last week, both yellow and cyan toner catridges run out of toner. I purchased 2 new original HP cartridges and installed this morning when I noticed the test page is not very clear nor sharp as it used to be. Lines and colors are overflow. I wonder if printing on tissue paper may have caused this problem.

Appreciate your support to first clarify if we can continue printing on tissue papers or not and second how I can solve this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @AhmedAttia,

I see that you are having issues with the print quality after trying to print on tissue paper. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

Here is a document for the printer's specifications and paper types supported. Tissue paper isn't recommended.

Printer Specifications for HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn and CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printers.

Calibrate the printer.
On the printer touch the setup icon, system setup, Print Quality menu, and select the Color Calibration item.
Select the Calibrate Now option.

Print a Diagnostics Page and Print Quality Page to find out the results.

(it might be one specific toner causing this issue)

On the printer touch setup, reports menu, diagnostics page.
On the printer touch setup, reports menu, print quality page.

I have provided a document with some steps to try to see if that will resolve the issue.

Resolving Print Quality Issues.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @AhmedAttia,

I see that you are having issues with the print quality after trying to print on tissue paper. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

Here is a document for the printer's specifications and paper types supported. Tissue paper isn't recommended.

Printer Specifications for HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn and CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printers.

Calibrate the printer.
On the printer touch the setup icon, system setup, Print Quality menu, and select the Color Calibration item.
Select the Calibrate Now option.

Print a Diagnostics Page and Print Quality Page to find out the results.

(it might be one specific toner causing this issue)

On the printer touch setup, reports menu, diagnostics page.
On the printer touch setup, reports menu, print quality page.

I have provided a document with some steps to try to see if that will resolve the issue.

Resolving Print Quality Issues.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Gemini02, thank you very much for helping me resolving this issue. I went through the calibration, cleanup and checking the toner cartridges and look what I found. I found part of a tissue paper my wife was trying to print on, one of the very first few she only scotch tape their edges, stuck at the black toner cartridge. Once I removed it, everything back to normal. The cartridge is not very clean, it has some black spots, which print scattared black spots on the printing papers, however the print quality is very good. I hope the black spots will go with time otherwise I will replace the cartrdige. I wouldn't replace it straight away though as it is only 80% new and replacement is quite expensive.

Once again, thank you very much for your help

Ahmed Attia

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.