02-08-2012 05:45 PM
My problem is with a deskjet 5650. I'm running OS X.5.8 .
It started with the indicator on the color ink cartridge always showing low ink, even after putting in a new cartridge. It then started saying that the cartridge was the wrong one for the printer. This was after using the same ink for a couple months. Sometimes it would print, but very slowly and in fit and spurts. The latest error is pen failure.
I've tried new color ink, re-installing the driver, cleaning the contacts, blowing compressed air across the contacts. I've gone through HP's trouble shooting pages, unplugging and replugging the electrical conections, plugging it directly into the wall and the computer, a new usb cord, opening permissions and nothing has helped. I've not changed softwear or updated anything beyond the normal, online system updates.
Any ideas? Thanks.
02-17-2012 12:00 PM
Thanks for the post. I've included a link below that provides some steps to go through to resolve this. I know you indicated that you have done some of these, I apologize for the overlap. Good Luck!
*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?