Printer not recognizing new ink cartridge (3465 Views)
Honor Student
vsnmx
Message 1 of 4 (3,465 Views)

Printer not recognizing new ink cartridge

I am running Vista Home Premium.  My printer is HP Deskjet 1000 Printer - J110a.

The printer is NOT recognizing the new ink cartridge(s) when I replace them.  First, I ran out of black ink, so I replaced it with official HP 61 black ink.  Then, when I tried to print, it kept telling me the black ink cartridge was empty - on the toolbox it had a red x.  So I tried and tried again and finally it started working.

Now, I am having the exact same problem with the tri-color cartridge!  I did get it to recognize the cartridge once, so I know it's not the cartridge, but again, now it won't print at all because it claims there is no ink in the color container!

This doesn't make sense.  I'm using official HP ink, freshly bought, but for some reason it will not recognize the new cartridge.  HELP!

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 4 (3,415 Views)

Re: Printer not recognizing new ink cartridge

Hello Vsnmx,

I understand your printer is not recognizing ink cartridges at this time.  I would take a look at this document it provides some helpful steps to try.  I would especially take a look at solution two where it shows cleaning the cartridges contacts.

Deskjet 1000

Let me know how it goes.

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP
Honor Student
vsnmx
Message 3 of 4 (3,385 Views)

Thank you for the response.  I tried the cleaning of the cartridges and the printer cartridge contacts, but to no avail.

I've also tried the diagnostic tools and even uninstalled & reinstalled my printer/driver, but it still won't recognize the color cartridge.

Anymore ideas are welcome!

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 4 (1,552 Views)

Is the cartridge still within warranty?

Wty ends dates.jpg

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation