Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
You can find a great thread located here with information about Ink System Failures with 0x codes.

I hope this helps leegill01.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

MY hp officejet 6500 wireless printer will not print black properly after installing new black ink cartridge

HP Recommended

how do you clean printer head contacts

HP Recommended
@ thomas9 - What printer do you have?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
@ duke913 - There is a document with steps to help troubleshoot print quality issues located here.

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I think you just save me 100 + bucks. This procedure worked perfectly on my Officejet 6000 printer. Thanks!

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 5514

HP Recommended

The only contacts that would be able to be cleaned on the printhead of a 5514 Photosmart are the contacts that connect with the cartridges.

* Remove all cartridges

* Obtain clean lint free cloth and clean water

* Wipe the copper contacts on the cartridges and the matching ones in the printhead

* Wipe these contacts dry

The printhead itself is unremovable from this model unit, thus one would not be able to clean the contacts that connect the printhead to the printer.  Hope this helps.

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I also have the problem with it not printing ink after I changed the cartridge for the first time. It will only print color.  An error message does NOT come up...it just doesnt print black even though it is full.  I have a HP Photesmart 5510. Please help!

@xraiinx wrote:

Printer Model: HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer - C310a

After I changed the black cartridge, I can't print anymore black pages from my computer (prints out blank page)

and when I tried aligning the printer, it failed too

Please help!!!

HP Recommended
@ nancya0418 - There is a document for when a 5510 does not print black ink. This document can be found here. If you follow all the steps in the document and the unit still does not print black, then the unit may need to be replaced.

If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call.

HP Technical Support Case Call Form:
http://goo.gl/w7Hgh

I am not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.