Re: Printer will not print black after changing cartridge (56 Views)
Tutor
Message 41 of 43 (137 Views)

Re: Printer will not print black after changing cartridge

Rudy1906 wrote:

@jagatpaldwivedi, it seems that you are having a ink system failure problem. I have found a link that may assist you. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03081973&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Try to print a self test page from the printer itself and see if it prints. 

Let me know what happens. 

The machine works well for black and white on its own (like a copier). It just won't work on cable, and I didn't get it set up on wireless.

I'll keep the note for later. I got a new HP 8600 for a song and need to set it up. I'll work on both asap. I also have to move soon (within my apts as they are renovating everything). I appreciate the help, and I will hopefully be able to return to this, but I'm not sure how it works after a delay. Thanks SO much!! It just got to be too much for a while. I think all the ink cartridges need to be checked. I will change out two I know are low and see how that is, but first I have to work in PT for rehab (hurt knee and cannot get around much!). ;o)

Thanks again!

Tutor
Message 42 of 43 (136 Views)

I answered and "posted" but I don't see it. Maybe it's in the mill? I'll try to check back later.

Student
JulesRomains
Message 43 of 43 (56 Views)

[ Edited ]

My printer had the same problem - when printing a typical Word document page, it would put some black ink on paper, but only some lines would print, leaving most of the page blank.

I tried to realign the heads several times, it did not fix the problem. I changed the black ink cartridge, it did not help either.

So I went on Amazon, ordered new "hp original" printing heads, got them delivered from a third party vendor in a couple of days, changed the heads, and now my printer works as new. 

Changing the heads costs me 1/3 of the price of a new printer. The local electronics company who sold be the printer did not have heads on stock and was only willing to sell me a new printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation