Question
Printer will not print black after changing cartridge
Replies (47)

Tutor
Message 41 of 48 (308 Views)

Re: Printer will not print black after changing cartridge

I answered and "posted" but I don't see it. Maybe it's in the mill? I'll try to check back later.

Student
JulesRomains
Message 42 of 48 (228 Views)

[ Edited ]

My printer had the same problem - when printing a typical Word document page, it would put some black ink on paper, but only some lines would print, leaving most of the page blank.

I tried to realign the heads several times, it did not fix the problem. I changed the black ink cartridge, it did not help either.

So I went on Amazon, ordered new "hp original" printing heads, got them delivered from a third party vendor in a couple of days, changed the heads, and now my printer works as new. 

Changing the heads costs me 1/3 of the price of a new printer. The local electronics company who sold be the printer did not have heads on stock and was only willing to sell me a new printer.

Honor Student
Ali-XXX
Message 43 of 48 (121 Views)

Me too!!!! what did you end up doing???

Honor Student
Ali-XXX
Message 44 of 48 (120 Views)

but they are brand new cartidge?

Honor Student
Ali-XXX
Message 45 of 48 (120 Views)

me too...how did you fix the problem

Honor Student
Ali-XXX
Message 46 of 48 (114 Views)

Did you get any feed back on this???

Student
1945aber
Message 47 of 48 (39 Views)

have inserted new black cartridge but cannot print black

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 48 of 48 (22 Views)

Hi folks.

Please post back with some additional detail, such as what you have tried so far and what printer model you have;  How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please also let me know your Country/region, Please include your country/region in your next post. Thanks.

Use the following link to check your warranty. If you are in warranty, you might consider calling us. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation