Question

Honor Student
StressLessGrrl
Message 1 of 2 (89 Views)

Printer won't print in black.

I have an HP Photosmart D5510. My black cartridge ran out and I replaced it to find that the black no longer works after running multiple pages, cleaning the machine, etc. I am running Microsoft 7. I tried the hard shut down as suggested in the forum. It didn't work. Any other ideas???? I have a huge event coming up and I NEEEEEED to get this fixed!!!!

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 2 (45 Views)

Re: Printer won't print in black.

Hello StressLessGrrl,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you are running into some print quality issues on your HP Photosmart 5510, you are unable to print in black ink after replacing the cartridge.

I would like you to continue here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, I understand you may have done some of these steps already but I need you to complete all steps in order to resolve the missing black issue you are experiencing.

Please note: There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region you are in as well as the product Warranty status: HP Warranty Checker

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation