07-02-2012 10:24 AM
I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 and my message is:
The printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed. I have tried everything that it says to get it back to printing. Please help!!
07-03-2012 01:52 PM - edited 07-03-2012 08:24 PM
When the HP Officejet Pro 8600 is getting the missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed type of error message for the printhead the first step would have to be to remove, inspect, and reinstall the printhead. One convenient thing about this printer is that you do not need to remove the ink cartridges to take out the printhead. The following link can help.
After trying everything, check if the printhead is in warranty. The warranty end date should be stamped on it. Click here to check out the Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges, Printheads, and Related Supplies webpage. Towards the bottom is the How to make a claim, or return an HP Inkjet product.
If the printhead is out of warranty you can still contact HP. Click here to see the HP Out of Warranty Support Options for Select HP Consumer Printers or go to http://partsurfer.hp.com/ and search for part number: CR322A and order the Americas printhead kit for this type of printer. Be sure to use the setup cartridges that come with the printhead first.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?