05-29-2014 09:28 AM
Welcome to the forums Gill_B, I hope you are doing well
I saw your post about your Officejet 8500A not printing in red ink. I am here to offer you my suggestion that may help!
Follow the steps in this guide: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages
If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions: click here.
Thank you for posting in the community!
Have an awesome Thursday
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?