Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an HP B210 Photosmart Plus.  My black text (and pictures) print light blue instead of black.  I've replaced the cartridge twice and I'm still having the same issue.  I've cleaned the print heads numerous times.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi community,

I understand the printer is not printing in black. Let's try some steps to help you.

✔️ First, check if your drivers working fine: Software and Driver Downloads

✔️Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document - Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues

✔️ Clean the color ink cartridge up to 2 times and print a test page to check the result.

🛑 If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Thanks,

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

After trying to solve this problem for over an hour, I finally hit upon a solution.  When you hit file, then print, under the heading for print is Printer Properties.  Open this and choose Fast, Economical Printing (this prints in grayscale).  I tried disconnecting and turning both the computer and printer off but this is the only thing that worked.  I was trying to print my Christmas newsletter and the printer must object to the change in paper quality.  When I printed on regular paper, it reverted back to black ink.  Good luck. 

HP Recommended

just to repeat the solution.  Choose printer preferences and Fast/Economical printing.  Also in the grayscale option choose black ink only.  

HP Recommended

thanks for the inputs folks, glad the print quality issue is now resolved

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I am having huge issues on the same lines. We have an Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless. and our software is Mac OSX  10.10  All our prints are turning blue. Initially it was only image files but now all word or PDF documents are printing blue. Oddly it will happily photocopy black and white. I have tried the following steps to no avail:

1. Unplugging the printer

2. Cleaning the printheads

3. Replacing the black cartridge

4. Deleting and adding back the printer from System preferences

All to no avail and bizarrely the blue colour is now developing a purple hue.

Any advice or help on this would be really appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi community,

I understand the printer is not printing in black. Let's try some steps to help you.

✔️ First, check if your drivers working fine: Software and Driver Downloads

✔️Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document - Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues

✔️ Clean the color ink cartridge up to 2 times and print a test page to check the result.

🛑 If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Thanks,

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.