07-26-2014 07:26 PM
machine won't print. Message on screen says "Printhead problem...remove all cartrides, then remove printhead. Reinstall printhead and cartridges" This was supposed to solve the problem, but it didn't. Did it twice to no avail. have had printer a whle but has had very little use. Any suggestions? Thanks
07-29-2014 08:15 AM
I see you are still experiencing a 'printhead problem; despite your troubleshooting efforts thus far. Please take a look and complete all of the recommended solutions in the following document; 'Printhead Problem' or 'Printhead Appears to be Missing or Damaged' Message Displays on the Printer ....
If the issue persists, you can call HP. They can discuss what options are available. You might consider getting a new printhead or maybe they can offer you a discount on a newer printer model.
If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.
HP printers generally have a 1 year warranty from their purchase date, you can verify the warranty using the following link if you would like; warranty check.
I hope this helps.
Actions speak louder than words, please click the Thumbs Up below to show you like/appreciate my post or to say thanks!
Please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as solved. It only takes a second to click the Accept as Solution button.
Thanks - I work on behalf of HP
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?