Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Ihave just replaced an (almost) empty black ink cartridge in my HP Deskjet 3520 printer, and now I get no word on paper. The printer prints photographs from a text, but not the text. The test page only gives light gray instead of black results.

I put the almost empty cartridge back, but results were the same: not a single word of text was printed.

Can you help me with this one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I cleaned the area where cartridge opened ink area sits (round place where ink comes out) and left the orgininal cartridge in printer overnight. By doing these 2 steps, it started printing fine and quality is really very good just like the new one. Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

As this is a 3520 model I would advise calling HP Phone Support - even if it's out of warranty, as you may require a replacement. Can you please let us know how you get on?

Thanks, 

Ciara

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Telephone.jpg

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

hi Ciara,

My printer was working good till 1/2. I was using the refilled cartrige (refilled by myself). When i got the faded print, i tried to replace it with original one and then found its not printing the black ink. I tried different options (clean printhead, align printer etc, but nothing worked out. Appreciate if you can tell any pointers to resolve this issue. I saw your note on calling product support, is there anything which I can try out before calling support people. And my printer is out of warranty

HP Recommended

I wouldn't recommend refilling the cartridge as there is a potential to damage the printhead. Even though it's out of warranty, you can still call Support, particularly as this is a 3520 printer.

Can you please let us know how you get on?

Thanks, Ciara

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I cleaned the area where cartridge opened ink area sits (round place where ink comes out) and left the orgininal cartridge in printer overnight. By doing these 2 steps, it started printing fine and quality is really very good just like the new one. Thanks!!!

HP Recommended

Glad to hear it's now resolved

🙂

HP Recommended

The ink level on the black ink cartridge is more than half, but I get incomplete printout of black text, white streaks running through or black not printing at all in some areas. I have gone through the "clean printheads" process twice with no improvement. There is no ink on the copper plate and no apparent clogs. What else can I try?

HP Recommended
I have Hp desktop inkjet model all in one e3525. The problem i have, cannot able to remove cartridge as it was not get out from end to center by itself by auto whole lifting the top cover. How to remove the cartridge?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.