Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP Photosmart 6520 printer.  It has worked well for a year or more but after I replaced the black ink cartridge it will no longer print in black (except for the Print Quality Diagnostic page which shows nice black text but no black in the black "box."   I have tried all of the possible solutons I found online.  I have cleaned the printer heads multiple times, realigned the print heads several times, purchased all new genuine HP cartridges, unplugged the printer from power for a week and restarted the printer.

I have access to another printer that uses the same cartridges that the 6520 uses and I've tested my cartridges in that printer and they work just fine.  My printer is out of warranty but I saw multiple suggestions online to advise HP of this situration regardless.  I would appreciate any assistance as I now have invested over $100 in new cartridges with nothing to show for it.

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @NMP3rd,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I realize you stated you've tried steps you found online, but please have a look through this Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage an... document to make sure you've tried all of those steps and if the issue still isn't resolved then there may be one more thing you can try before calling our phone support team.

In our research on the black ink not printing issue, my colleague (@Sunshyn2005) came across a video that may be helpful to you. If the printer is out of warranty (check warranty status here) follow the steps in this How to fix a HP Printer, not printing black ink and missing colours 5510 5515 5520 5524 3070A 364 video.

If that doesn't seem to get the black flowing either, please contact our technical support team by phone and inquire what other options they have for you and perhaps they can offer a discount on a newer printer.

Hope this helps!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.