08-01-2013 05:39 PM
My HP Printer said black low, but I had bought a
xL black for $37, so got another one for same price.
I put new one in and didn't even get to do a "test
page," had to look it up. After trying several times,
I find the colors are fine, but the new black one doesn't work
I see on discussion board some people have to clean the big
black one. It has a silver round opening, while the color ones
do not. I found where a man said to go to Control Panel,
printers, highligh, right click, properties, etc...but, I can't
find anything like that on my HP Office Media Desk top computer!
I do have a lap top that has Office as well as Microsoft 7.
This is so frustrating. I've spent $400 on Geeks getting this
wireless printer working, and now it will not SCAN...I'm ready to
get another printer...BUT, I like this one when it works, as
I can do on both sides, and I write stories, etc...
08-02-2013 12:14 AM
The troubleshooting steps in this document may solve black not printing in your Offciejet 6500. Be especially sure to check the vents as shown in Solution Two. If that does not resolve the issue the procedure in this post may help.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?