Question

Student
Drummergran
Message 1 of 3 (229 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 Wireless will not print with black ink

My black ink cartridge was not working and I came across this site. Thank you Pokerchip your method worked fine I was about to buy a new printer till I came across your blog, I placed all the cartridges in plastic bags and  I washed the printer head first in metholated spirits then rinsed it well under the tap till the water ran clear, I placed the printerhead ouside in the warm night air overnight and in the morning put it back in my printer when it was thoroughly dry at first the printer message read no printhead installed so I press the ok button and the printer when through a process and finally printed a test page it was absolutely perfect, you saved me heaps of money very grateful for your help and I hope this helps others as well. Check out Pokerchip's blog on this site

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (193 Views)

I am glad things worked out for you, but there are two parts I would NOT recommend:  first, do not use metholated spirits as this can cause the printhead to delaminate requiring printhead replacement.  Secondly, I would not recommend leaving the printhead out of the printer overnight as this can allow the printhead to dry out and/or introduce air into the printhead.

The post here has my recommendations for cleaning the printhead, this has worked for many people.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
Vic_C
Message 3 of 3 (191 Views)

I have an HP Officejet 6500A all-in-one wireless.  I replaced the black cartridge, tried a hard reset, and examined the cartridge itself.  The cartridge I replaced was not empty either, according to the display on the printer.  The black cartridge seems to be the only one that has a silver wire screen separating the print cartridge opening and the cartridge socket on the print cartridge carriage.  Can this screen be clogged?  How should I clean that screen?  Any black printout is very, very faint.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation