Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My printer is doing the exact same thing.  Someone suggested removing the print head and cleaning it.  I have tried everything else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Community.

I understand the printer is not printing in color. Let's try some steps to help you.

✔️ First, check if your drivers working fine: Software and Driver Downloads

✔️ Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document - Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues

✔️ Clean the color ink cartridge up to 2 times and print a test page to check the result.

🛑 If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options. Thanks,

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @GCH1994,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Just as an FYI, I don't recommend removing the printhead on your PS 5514 as the printhead piece is not meant to be removed in that printer.

By everything else, are you referring to the steps within this Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in... document? If that is the case, and the printer is still having issues printing black, please let me know what country you're in, thanks 🙂

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am in the US.  I tried running the clean print head procedure 5 or 6 times with no luck.  Two different ink cartridges.  Any ideas?  I really dislike the idea of throwing it away and buying something different.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply @GCH1994 🙂

As the issue still isn't resolved then there may be one more thing you can try before calling our phone support team.

In our research on the black ink not printing issue, my colleague (@Sunshyn2005) came across a video that may be helpful to you. If the printer is out of warranty (check warranty status here) follow the steps in this How to fix a HP Printer, not printing black ink and missing colours 5510 5515 5520 5524 3070A 364 video.

If that doesn't seem to get the black flowing either, please contact our technical support team by phone (1-800-474-6836) and inquire what other options they have for you and perhaps they can offer a discount on a newer printer.

Hope this helps 🙂

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

After trying all of the solutions, i trashed the printer and bought a new one.  What a waste.

HP Recommended

The printer has all of the inks in the holder and theyhave been for several months without any power attached to printer after all that time the holder will not bring inks out as before.

taper21

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help but I still have the problem.

HP Recommended

I cleaned the print head using the method in the video. Yea for videos! But  still does not print black.  A friend suggested soaking the print head for a while to dislodge any dried ink.  How do I get the print head out of my 3520?

HP Recommended

This really worked for me. it saved me from buying a new printer. Thank you 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Community.

I understand the printer is not printing in color. Let's try some steps to help you.

✔️ First, check if your drivers working fine: Software and Driver Downloads

✔️ Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document - Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues

✔️ Clean the color ink cartridge up to 2 times and print a test page to check the result.

🛑 If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options. Thanks,

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.