08-08-2014 04:10 PM
I have a HP Deskjet F2420 hooked up to a mac.
I have just changed both of the the cartridges and now it will only print in colors.
I have cleaned the printheads 3 times, and have tried every other thing I can think of - but nothing helps.
Can anyone in here please help?
08-08-2014 06:49 PM
The document here may help resolve black not printing on your Deskjet F2420. Does black print at all on the diagnostic page in solution six? If not you might try blotting the black nozzles on a damp tissue. A good cartridge would have a strong blot of black.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?