Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
950/951, 932/933, 934/935, and 62?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @JayriAvieock,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you are wondering if the ink in the HP cartridges dye-based or pigmented. I am happy to answer this for you!

Please take a look at this post, Re: Dye or pigment based black and colors HP 950 and HP 951 for HP Officejet Pro 8600 eaio, by @chantrz.

The HP 62 used pigmented-black ink and dye-based color, HP 62 Black/Tri-color Original Ink Cartridge Content Value Pack.

Please take a look through this guide, Can I Refill The Ink In My HP Ink Cartridge? If you plan to refill your ink cartridges. You can refill if you want to, but it is not recommended or supported by HP.

Hope this answers your question, and thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

hey,, i am using Hp 4500 all in one printer,,

so this printer have 901 Black Xl n 901 Clour Cartridge,so i want know surly what ink type i should refill? PIgment or dye?? bt i have now dye ink clour CMYK,, befor i have 901 black cartridge i once time refill pigment black,so my cartridge going Damage,, so i get new Black cartridge 901 xl, it cartridge have ink now, ink not finished yet,so i want know which ink type i should refill?? i have dye black clour? it is good?please give me good answer and explain me what happend if i put dye or pigment my cartridge 

thank you

HP Recommended

Hi Akila007,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Please take a look through this guide, Can I Refill The Ink In My HP Ink Cartridge? If you plan to refill your ink cartridges. You can refill if you want to, but it is not recommended or supported by HP. It states:  Yes, you can. But do you want to? QualityLogic, one of the world's foremost quality assurance organizations, tested the performance of HP inkjet print cartridges vs. remanufactured (refilled) brands. The results: original HP inkjet print cartridges far surpassed ink refills in both print quality and reliability.

• Nearly one out of every six refilled ink cartridges tested was dead on arrival or failed prematurely
  • 70% of refilled cartridges had some form of reliability problem

Count on HP original ink cartridges for consistent, worry-free printing. You may think you're saving money on remanufactured or refilled ink cartridges, but in the long run, the cost of wasted time, ink, and paper can more than make up the difference.

Also, I would recommend to go through this document, Ink Cartridge and Printhead Limited Warranty.

To answer your question the cartridges you are using are pigment based. According to the product's specifications. If you use dye ink it will most likely ruin the cartridge, and possibly your printer. 

Hope this answers your question, and thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”
RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.