07-19-2014 10:32 AM - edited 07-19-2014 10:36 AM
My Photosmart Printer C309a will not print black text. I have cleaned the heads in warm water but nothing helps. I feel I need new heads. what do you think?
Printer is not under warrenty.
07-19-2014 04:08 PM
The printer may need new heads, but I would suggest starting with the troubleshooting steps in the document here. Be sure to check the vents.
If that does not resolve the issue then soaking the printhead as described in this post may help resolve the issue.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?