Re: Refill (154 Views)
Top Student
Yarda
Message 1 of 4 (162 Views)

I bought All-in-One Photosmart printer C410a. I ran out of the black cartridge. According to your info on your page and your email, I need 564XL. Your rep on the electronic chat gave me this info:

HP 564XL Black Ink Cartridge,   (CN684WC)
HP 564XL Photo Ink Cartridge,    (CB322WC)
HP 564XL Cyan Ink Cartridge,    (CB323WC)
HP 564XL Magenta Ink Cartridge,    (CB324WC)
HP 564XL Yellow Ink Cartridge,    (CB325WC)
These are the part numbers for the ink cartridges for   HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer - C410a.

Since I could not find any such cartridge in regular stores, I ordered a black one from HP. It does NOT fit! The cartridges that came with your printer are 564 cartridges but they are slightly narrower and marked "setup" on the back. I also have noticed that you advise against refilling the cartridges by independent vendors. What am I supposed to do??!! I believe that getting a REFILL may be the ONLY way to use my printer in any meaningful way. Or, can you advise how to fit the cartridge into a hole that by about 1 mm narrower that the width of the cartridge itself?
Should I wait for your advice or should I solve quickly the problem tomorrow morning on the nearby plaza?
JB

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (156 Views)

Re: Refill

Hi,

Firstly refill cartridges may not work at all, you need to check with the "plaza" people and ask them for full refunds if the the cartridges did not work. Based on the following link, the 564XL cartridges should work:

http://www.inkjetonline.com.au/hp-photosmart-c410a-premium-fax-ink/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Yarda
Message 3 of 4 (154 Views)

Hi, I did not say the cartridge does not work ! I said it does not FIT!  I can either throw the printer out of window or use refills, like other people  do. I only wanted the cartrdiges from the original manufacturer, which I considered a correct attitude. I am changing my opinion. I have never heard anybody to complain about the refills. Why would I ask the "plaza" people for a refud? I believe I should  ask the HP people  for a refund.

By the way, the link you provided shows the 564 cartridges, which is  exactly what I bought from HP. Their WIDTH is about 1 mm wider than the slots and the width of the cartriges that  came with the printer, also marked as 564. Thank you for the reply, but it was useles.

JB

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 4 (87 Views)

Hi Yarda, as per your query about the size of the Black cartridge, check out the link below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&docname=c02750681

Figure 1: Example of the updated black XL cartridge installation with space on both sides
Image: Example of the updated black XL cartridge installation with space on both sides.
Figure 2: Example of the original black XL cartridge installation with no space around the cartridge
Image: Example of the original black XL cartridge installation with no space around the cartridge.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation