Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I put a refilled cartridge in my ENVY 4500 and got a message saying that it was an old cartridge and would not work in the ENVY 4500. The cartridge I took out and the one I put in both showed part # CH562W HP61.  Does this mean that this printer will reject all refilled cartridges?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thanks. If the answer had been yes, this printer would have gone back to the store.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Not necessarly, although HP cannot gurantee the functionality of any Non-HP, Refilled or Remanufedtured ink cartridge.

The HP 61 ink cartridges has been updated in May 2012, any earlier ink cartridge will not be accepted by the printer.

You may follow the following document to better understand how this information can be located:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370748

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
Thanks. If the answer had been yes, this printer would have gone back to the store.
HP Recommended

I realize this question has already been solved but thought I would add my two cents.  If you're located in the US, you may want to check out the HP Instant Ink program, which this printer supports.  It's much cheaper than refilling and doesn't require the hassle of taking your supplies to a Costco or elsewhere. 

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en

Yes, I'm an HP employee but I'm saying this as someone who has my own family and friends using the plan above.  Many have said they will never go back to refilling again with the prices and convenience of genuine supplies through this program.

Best of luck...

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

Did you get the Envy4500 to work with refilled cartridges?

I just bought an Envy4500 and refilled the black cartridge that came with it once it was empty. Sometimes if I surprise it, it will print one page and then  acts like it's running out of ink. Apparently it is designed this way and will do the same with remanufactured cartridges. 

Is there a way to make it work other than buying a new HP cartridge every time? I can't afford that nor am I interested in the Instant Ink program. I will be returning it if this is the way it is.

Thanks for any help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.