Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

This is exactly the stone wall I have come toaccept from HP, I guess you only stay in business due to supply and demand.

Many thanks for wasting at least three evenings now.

HP Recommended

@hanger051 wrote:

This is exactly the stone wall I have come toaccept from HP, I guess you only stay in business due to supply and demand. 

Many thanks for wasting at least three evenings now.

What do you want?  There is a process to reset the printer. but it requires you speak with a representative, who will likely need to transfer you to one of the agents trained in the reset process.  If you refuse to call the problem will not fix itself.

I am not in bussiness, I am retired and volunteer here.  I do not work for HP or anyone else.  I do not speak for HP.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi hanger051,

Thank you for taking the time to allow us to help you. To be honest with you Bob is 100% correct when he tells you that you need to contact support in order to resolve this issue. There is no way we can provide the steps to complete a "Regionalization Reset" on the forum. You need to follow the instructions Bob has provided in Message 11 of 23 in order to get this printer back up and working. If you do not want to call support to have them reset your region on your printer then there is nothing more we can do to assist you.

Let me know what you would like to do at this point?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP Deskjet 1050 purchansed in Muscat and GIFTED to me in India. On calling Cutomer Support to have the Regionalization Reset being done, i was repeatedly told to give them either the Bill Number or Proof that it was purchased in Muscat. It is beyond my understanding why HP Support do not realise the concept of GIFTING. Why would someone hand over a GIFT with the bill in the box. They were in no ways helpful to give me an alternate to this deadlock. I would be much obliged if anyone/Bob_Headrick(the most active and helpful person on this forum) could give me a solution to this. Thanks a ton in advance.

Regards,

Mayur

HP Recommended

Hi MayurVB,

Please contact support again at 1800 200 0047/ 0124 3877300, and if the agents still request this information please ask to speak to a supervisor. Regionlization has nothing to do with the warranty on the printer. Doesn't matter if you are out of warranty the regionalization is always offered to the customers. If you speak to a supervisor, and are still unsuccessful with getting the printer regionalized please let me know, and I will get this issue taken care of. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Hi pcwizard,
Your speedy response is much appreciated. I did ask the executive by the name Shelly(as claimed) to put me on to the supervisor to which she put me om hold for a few minutes and later said he's unable to take the call. She then tells me to shoot out a mail to HP support !!!! Unbelievably uncooperative she was. I was left with no option but to do that. Your help in this is much obliged. Thanks in advance to you.

Regards,
Mayur
HP Recommended

Hi MayurVB,

Thank you for the update. I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am facing a similar situation to that mentioned previously in the thread. I am located in the US and gifted my parents in India an HP F4280 printer.

My dad is trying to get the Regionalization Reset done by calling HP Support in India. He said that he spoke to a Raveena, who insisted that he needs the HP receipt or bill. The reason given was that she needs some "Specification code" about the printer.

He asked for a Case Number, and she said that there is no case number. Just get back to us with your Bill. He told her he doesn't have the Bill. She said to try and locate it and that nothing can be done without it. She refused to budge from her position.

Unfortunately, the printer was purchased a couple of years back and we no longer have the bill.

Can you help us make progress on this situation please? Any help would be much appreciated.

Best,
Savil

HP Recommended

Hi savil,

Please contact support again at 1800 200 0047/ 0124 3877300, and if the agents still request this information please ask to speak to a supervisor. Regionlization has nothing to do with the warranty on the printer. Doesn't matter if you are out of warranty the regionalization is always offered to the customers. If you speak to a supervisor, and are still unsuccessful with getting the printer regionalized please let me know, and I will get this issue taken care of. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Hi pcwizard, Thanks for your message. I'll give them another call, ask to speak to a supervisor and get back to you on whether it helps. In case it makes any difference, I wanted to clarify that they were not asking for the Bill to verify warranty information. The support-agent had said that the Bill gives the details of the Specification Code put in the printer (it seems different codes are put in different parts of US/times etc.) and this is needed for the Regionalization Reset process. It surprises me that this information cannot be obtained from the printer itself. Best, Savil
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.