Question

Student
FredandJules
Message 1 of 6 (468 Views)

Run out of ink to fast!

How come 2 cartridges of ink runs out at 169 pages (text not photos) when one cartridge should print ~250 pages?

We installed the printer in june 2011 and changed cartridges 2011/10/01 and now its empty again!

According to our printerstats we have printed only 169 pages!

Not ok.

Honor Student
Flonettle
Message 2 of 6 (452 Views)

Re: Run out of ink to fast!

My cartidges didn't last for many pages either.  But I wonder if they dry out when they are not used for a while?

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 3 of 6 (436 Views)

Hello! Could you please provide more information regarding the issue, such as which product you are using? Any additional information will be helpful in resolving your issue. Thanks!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
Flonettle
Message 4 of 6 (432 Views)

Hi

My  printer is a Photosmart 110a.  The ink runs is HP364.  Runs out quickly.

Honor Student
Layarion
Message 5 of 6 (368 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a HP Photosmart Premium C310a, 564 ink.

i have used the XL ink and it dies out WAY before 250 pages, and though i'm too lazy to look up the exact numbers, i can promise you it aint close to 250 pages.

right now the ones i seem to be having trouble with most often is the yellow ink, and the plain black in. sometimes the photo black ink clears out fast too. We don't even print pictures.

often we'll get streaks in the printing where the black is faded, and we don't know why. the ink is low when this happens, but it shouldn't be low. and i run all the maintenance tools provided.

often the printer is off, but sometimes we leave it on between uses.

also, often i do two sided printing in high quality gray scale. but not always.              

Honor Student
Layarion
Message 6 of 6 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]

ignore this double post

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation