Question

Honor Student
HpBoss1
Message 1 of 3 (1,051 Views)
Accepted Solution

Stuck Ink Cartridge?!

I have a HP F2180 Deskjet All In One Printer.

I have replacement ink cartridges. (both compatible, I checked)

However, I placed the black ink cartridge on the left cartridge compartment which should have been the colour ink cartridge's compartment.

On top of this, it is now stuck; probably because I inserted it while the printer was off. :smileysad:

Is there any way to release the cartridge, I can't take it out?

Grad Student
Blanco474
Message 2 of 3 (1,044 Views)

Re: Stuck Ink Cartridge?!

Hi,

Sorry to hear the inconvenient with your HP Deskjet F2180 All-in-One Printer.

The only way to get the ink cartridge from the color slot is to pry the ink cartridge from the top, be careful of not to damage the plastic tab or other parts in the unit.

In the attached picture, you can see  where the ink cartridge is hitting and trapped, you can insert the tip of a flat screwdriver and push the ink cartridge down while pulling it out with your fingers. Be careful not to insert the screwdriver all the way in or you can damage other parts.

Hope this works!!

I am an HP employee, Printer/All-in-One Expert.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.
Honor Student
HpBoss1
Message 3 of 3 (1,035 Views)

Re: Stuck Ink Cartridge?!

After some leverage, confusion and effort...it worked! (took me 2 or 3 minutes)

I had to take it out like a leaver, I expected it would pop out by using a small button at the back or something, oh well.

Thanks alot!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation