What do to with unused toner cartidges (1970 Views)
Honor Student
comriser
Message 1 of 10 (1,970 Views)

What do to with unused toner cartidges

We recently retired an HP Coler LaserJet CP2025 Series Printer.  We have 5 unopened boxes of toner cartridges - 1 black, 1 cyan, 1 magenta, and 2 yellow.  What can we do with these?  Will HP buy them back?  Thanks in advance for any/all replies!

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 10 (1,957 Views)

Re: What do to with unused toner cartidges

Hey comriser,

HP has a recycle program where unused catridges can be properly disposed of, especially if/when out of warranty or are expired.

If you are looking to sell the cartridges or at least recouperate some of your funds there are a great deal of websites available that you can sell them through. If you wish to do this I'd recommend running a search in your preferred search engine to see what deal works best for you, or you can try auction based sales such as eBay where many people/businesses make these types of purchases.

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
pctdmfacilities
Message 3 of 10 (1,923 Views)

I would like to know how to send back to HP the unused cartridges. Would I just print the mailing label and afix it to the box?

Thank you

Peter Torp

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 4 of 10 (1,921 Views)

I would suggest contacting HP if you are looking to have them recycled. If you are returning them for sales reasons I would also contact the phone support line.

You can find the contact information here:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Student
sgfhall
Message 5 of 10 (1,480 Views)

I have several unused toners and cartridges...still within the expiration dates.  Is there somewhere that will take these and give me some of the $ value back?  Thank you.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 6 of 10 (1,471 Views)

@sghall- I understand that you have in warranty cartridges that you can not use. What is the new model of the printer that you replaced the old printer with?  How many cartridges so you have?

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Top Student
pctdmfacilities
Message 7 of 10 (1,054 Views)

I know this message reply is old but could not find any way to contact HP with regard to the return of unused toner. There is no specific number to contact regarding this. The only number I tried did not give me an option to contact regarding toner issued. Can you be more specfic with the correct number?

Thank you

Peter Torp

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 8 of 10 (1,048 Views)

Hi Peter

Did you get to this link?

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/recycling/product-recycling.html

Which country are you based in?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Top Student
pctdmfacilities
Message 9 of 10 (1,045 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I am in the US and I did go to the link that was provided. There is nothing on the page referring to toner and when I dialed a main number the choices were not there in regards to toner or general questions. The options that were given were only about sales.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 10 of 10 (1,042 Views)

Did you see the option for mailing in old supplies for recycling? Would that suit your needs, or would you prefer a contact phone no.?

https://h30248.www3.hp.com/recycle/supplies/index-hpe.asp?__cc=us&__la=en

FAQ Page

https://h30248.www3.hp.com/recycle/supplies/faq-hpe.asp

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation