Question

Honor Student
Ghoodies
Message 1 of 5 (287 Views)

Whenever I print, my Yellow ink cartridge pops out of place, not allowing me to print. HP8600.

I own an HP 8600 Printer and when I send a document to print, the yellow cartridge pops out of its slot, rendering the machine useless.  What is this from?  How can I best repair this?  Is it a printhead issue?  Ink Cartridge issue?  Anyone have feedback?

Thanks!

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 2 of 5 (274 Views)

Re: Whenever I print, my Yellow ink cartridge pops out of place, not allowing me to print. HP8600.

Does the yellow ink cartridge "click" in place when you insert it in the cartridge carriage? This could be a problem with the locking mechanism in the cartridge slot for the Yellow.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Honor Student
Ghoodies
Message 3 of 5 (268 Views)

Re: Whenever I print, my Yellow ink cartridge pops out of place, not allowing me to print. HP8600.

Yes, it does click into place.  And when I sent a job to print, the machine starts up and then I hear a "Click" and the yellow cartridge is sticking out.  Nothing can ever print.

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 4 of 5 (265 Views)

The print carriage (or printhead) will need to be replaced. The spring load system might have been damaged or defective. I would suggest to call tech support to have it replaced. Do note that the tech support agents will go through their normal troubleshooting steps before they can authorize a replacement. 

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Honor Student
Ghoodies
Message 5 of 5 (260 Views)

Will it be repalced for free?  I have had the printer for a little while now.

If this isn't free, It may be cheaper to buy a new wide format printer, right?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation