Question

Student
binkstir
Message 1 of 3 (269 Views)

Why do I have to replace color cartridges to print black?

And why are my color cartridges empty? I NEVER print color. My printer told me I'd have to replace magenta to keep printing. So I went to walmart and was pleased to find a magenta without buying all three of the 933. After I installed magenta, the printer told me that now I'd have to replace yellow to keep printing. Another trip to the store. This time I bought both yellow and cyan to keep me from making a third trip. What gives? I'll pitch this printer before I continue to buy four colors to print black.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (265 Views)

Re: Why do I have to replace color cartridges to print black?

Hi,

For many printer with separate color ink cartridges, they only work with all cartridges installed even users select black ink only. Some printers will stop during the warming up process. If you ONLY print monochrome / black, a monochrome laser printer will give you more pages / dollar.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
hammersfan
Message 3 of 3 (245 Views)

Re: Why do I have to replace color cartridges to print black?

I am having the same problem. My preferences are set for print in black only and I have rarely used color ink yet it won't print now and says all the color ink cartridges need replacing! nothing about the black ink at all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation