11-12-2013 10:13 PM
And why are my color cartridges empty? I NEVER print color. My printer told me I'd have to replace magenta to keep printing. So I went to walmart and was pleased to find a magenta without buying all three of the 933. After I installed magenta, the printer told me that now I'd have to replace yellow to keep printing. Another trip to the store. This time I bought both yellow and cyan to keep me from making a third trip. What gives? I'll pitch this printer before I continue to buy four colors to print black.
11-12-2013 10:47 PM
For many printer with separate color ink cartridges, they only work with all cartridges installed even users select black ink only. Some printers will stop during the warming up process. If you ONLY print monochrome / black, a monochrome laser printer will give you more pages / dollar.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
11-13-2013 03:31 PM
I am having the same problem. My preferences are set for print in black only and I have rarely used color ink yet it won't print now and says all the color ink cartridges need replacing! nothing about the black ink at all.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?